Recently a friend of mine came up to me and said that his articles never rank high on search engines. The post showed a fundamental error. Keyword Research was missing. I realized that many don’t understand its importance, so through this article, I explain my understanding of it.
Keyword Research is a very important tool for the SEO of any site. All searches are ‘Keyword-based’. People search regularly for information. Where and how Keywords are used impacts a site’s ranking.
What are Keyword?
Keywords are search phrases that we use to find relevant information on search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, Yandex, Baidu, etc. Eg- Digital Marketing coaching, Best Indian Restaurant, Sports Goods shops near me, Laughter club for senior citizens, Children toy store. Here are some common types of Keywords.
Short Tail Keywords
Short-tail keywords which are also called “seed”, “main” or “money” keywords, consist mostly of one or two words and are very generic but have a high search volume and are very competitive. Eg. – Eggs, Gyms, Multiplex.
Middle Tail Keywords
Middle-tail keywords are also known as “targeted” or “intent” keywords. Comprise of three or four keywords. They have less search volume and moderate competition. Eg. – Earthquake Location set, ABC Fun Park, Lydia’s one-tap massage parlor.
Long Tail Keywords
Considered the most important type of keywords. A phrase which has 4 or more words, constitutes as a Long Tail Keywords. Such keywords show definite buyers’ intension and give the highest conversion rate with less competition Eg- Smartphones under Rs 20000 in India.
What is Keyword Research
A popular definition of Keyword research is – Keyword research is a core SEO task that involves identifying popular words and phrases people enter into search engines also to figure out what to rank for.
In other words – Keyword Research is a simple practice, SEO professionals use to find alternative search terms that people enter into search engines to find necessary information.
Tools For Good Keyword Research
“A Good Keyword Research is Half the Battle Won“.
An article can only be as good as its Content. The content should be relevant to its topic. Proper Keyword Research and its appropriate placements elevate the article and gives relevance to it.
Here are the top Keyword Research Tools
Ahrefs is possibly the most popular Keyword Research Tool used by Content Creators today and provides quality and accurate research to its users in an easy to understand manner.
- Supported in over 200 countries
- 1,000+ keyword suggestions
- Extensive SERP overview
- Accurate keyword difficulty score
- Click metrics for improving CTR
- A very popular 7$ – 7-day trial matrix.
2. SEM Rush
Another very popular tool in the market is the SEM Rush. Does Competitor Analysis and suggests 5-10 specific keywords to boost site ranking.
- Get yearly keyword trends
- Access the complete keyword research toolkit
- Keyword difficulty analysis and organic traffic acumen
- Unearth long-tail keywords and numerous ad group ideas
- Worldwide CPC distribution statistics
- 7 day Free Trial. Requires to enter credit card information for security.
3. Google Keyword Planner
Google Keyword Planner is the simplest option, presenting a few basic features. However, it’s considered as one of the most accurate & trusted sources for providing keyword data till date.
- Considered as the Best choice for most Business Websites.
- Results come directly from the Google Search Engine, makes search volume accurate.
- Easy to locate commercial keywords by using “top page” bid.
- Free to use.
4. Long Tail Pro
It’s no secret that mastering the Long-Tail Keywords are the new SEO standards for any site. Long Tail Pro inspires niche Long-Tail Keywords for websites and boosts a ranking.
- A Powerful keyword tool
- Generates long-tail keywords
- Measuring Keyword Competitiveness Has Never Been This Easy.
- 7 Day Free Trial.
5. Keyword Tool
The Keyword Tool is one of the best research platforms in the market and is freely available. It analyses multiple search engines like Google, YouTube, Yahoo, Bing, Amazon, etc. to give accurate & exhaustive keyword research.
- Find great keywords using Google-Autocomplete
- Generates up to 750+ long-tail keyword suggestions for every search term
- Excellent for extensive keyword mining for various platforms.
The UberSuggest tool is an extensively used SEO tool that specializes in generating new keyword ideas. Acquired by Neil Patel, Ubersuggest today has expanded significantly.
- Basic features are Free to use
- Identifies targeted & related keywords.
- Provides Competitive Analysis.
- Priced reasonably under Individual, Business & Enterprise categories.
Find the best keyword research tool for you
Businesses are run by Individuals or Enterprises but the essence of a successful business is all about understanding your customer requirements. Good Keyword Research is the first fundamental step to achieving it.